GIVE WATER : GIVE LIFE
Opportunities for Life is a small personal project with a HUGE passion by very two dedicated young individuals.
783 MILLION PEOPLE DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO CLEAN DRINKING WATER – THAT’S ROUGHLY 1 IN 10 OF THE WORLDS POPULATION
- 345 Million people in Africa don’t have access to water
- Unsafe drinking water is the main cause of sickness and death in Africa
- The average distance a woman or young girl has to walk each day to collect water is 6km
- Every 20 seconds a child dies from a water related disease
Opportunities for Life are working closely with a rural community in the Domoshawa Region of Zimbabwe – Nyakudya Village.
- Drilling a borehole & installing a pump at a local primary school
- Installing a community pump in the village
- Improving an existing well by building concrete safety covers & installing a winch. This water will then be used to grow a nutrition garden.
- Completing the Nyakudya Primary School water project.
To help us make a difference for Nyakudya Village & donate, please click on the ‘Donate’ button at the top of the page. 100% of all donations are put towards the costs of the project- which means your donation- no matter how big or small – will be making a direct impact on the community.
By providing access to safe water, we are providing opportunities for improved education, health, & agricultural economic growth leading to a sustainable future for life
-DANIELLE & MICHEAL